If you are a basketball fan or even one of the many professional NBA players, you know that having the right shoes is essential. Not only do they need to be comfortable, but they also need to provide good support. If you are looking for the best basketball insoles for your basketball shoes, check our reviews below. These insoles will help keep your feet in place and provide the support you need while playing many basketball games and keep you on the court for a long time.
No pair of feet are the same. Some are wider, some have high arches and some have one foot slightly longer than the other! It is so important to look after your feet and joints as you ask them to do many things on the court. The body is put through high stress when playing including taking steps, jumping, stopping, pivoting, and much more on the hard courts. Over time these actions can wear down shoes, players’ joints, and ligaments. One way to prevent injury from wearing worn-out shoes or bad biomechanics is to use an insert or insoles for basketball shoes.
Shoe insoles are a shoe insert that provides additional cushioning, support, and stability to the foot inside of a shoe or sneaker. These can be anything from thin foam strips to heavily padded shock absorbers. They are sometimes added to high-heeled, flat-heeled, slip-on, or lace-up shoes. Insoles are available for different activities. For example, inserts are made especially for running shoes, designed to cushion the foot during impact and control foot motion throughout the gait cycle.
As basketball players, a lot of us put our shoes through daily use so we wanted to review the right basketball insoles on the market today to help you get the best support and as much cushioning as possible. We are always open for feedback so pls let us know how you get on.
If you don’t have time to review all the products our team’s top pick was the Sof Sole Insoles Full-Length Gel Shoe Insert followed closely by Superfeet Carbon Pain Relief Strong and Thin Insoles.
Let’s begin to find the right insoles for you:
Jump To The Right Place
- Sof Sole Insoles Full-Length Gel Shoe Insert
- Shock Doctor Active Ultra Insole
- Dr Scholl’s Sports Insoles
- Superfeet Carbon Pain Relief Strong and Thin Insoles
- Grade High Arch Orthotic Shoe Inserts for Maximum Support Insole
- Plantar Fasciitis Feet Insoles
- Another area to consider is do custom orthotics really work?
- Final Words – 6 Best Insoles For Basketball Shoes
Sof Sole Insoles Full-Length Gel Shoe Insert
- Neutral Arch design fits most foot types. You can trim the toe area in order for it to fit inside your shoe. It may depend on the width of your heel, if the size will fit or not. However,it is not recommended to trim the sides of the heel because it may alter the placement of the heel cup
- Gel pads in the heel and forefoot provide cushioning
- Hydrologix moisture management treatment keeps feet cool and dry. Provides energy return and increased performance
- Perfect for athletic and casual shoes
- Ideal for walking, running, cross training, and casual use
These insoles, made by Sof Sole, have a full-length gel insert that offers comfort and support. The arch brace stabilizes the foot while the thick heel pad absorbs shock. They are also odor resistant with antimicrobial fabric treatment, which can help prevent bacteria growth. Sof Sole makes great shoe inserts in general, but they are specially designed for playing basketball. They are lightweight, flexible, and have an excellent rubber grip on the bottom that will keep your foot in place when running up and down the court. One of the best ways to improve your game is with a pair of Sof Sole Full Length Gel Insoles. These insoles come in a package of two and provide maximum shock absorption. They will keep you comfortable for hours on end, whether you are shooting hoops or playing five-on-five games. Since these inserts are super thin and come in different sizes so they will fit in any pair of shoes, we believe they are an excellent option.
Shock Doctor Active Ultra Insole
- Leading sports Protection Manufacturer^Performance and Protection in mind^Worn by professional and college athletes worldwide
- Adaptive arch technology, adapts to any foot shape for perfect comfort; Reduces and protects you from over use injuries and provides natural shock absorption
- Air/FX top cover
- Forefoot and heel shock pad and Shock Dome absorbs the jarring shocks that could transfer to your knees, hips and lower back; Mid-foot Shock Dome relaxes foot and can help relieve plantar fasciitis
- Full foot control bar, full foot motion control aligns forefoot and heel through entire stride to reduce lower body joint stress
These Shock Doctor insoles, made by Shock Doctor, are lightweight and contour to your foot shape. They also feature a comfortable closure system that allows you to pull the laces tight with every step. The closure system is located at the arch of the insole, which secures it in place while playing.
The Shock Doctor Ultra Insole has an ultra-low-profile design that provides maximum comfort while keeping your foot in place. They are made with a patented air channel system to keep you cool and dry during the game. They feature EVA top cloth, foam cushioning, heel cup cradle, arch support, and antimicrobial. These insoles are great for sports shoes, including running, cross-training, and basketball and can help ease foot pain. The best thing about these insoles is the high level of shock absorption you get and they are worn by many professional athletes. You can use them in both your athletic shoes and casual shoes to improve comfort and add extra support while protecting your feet from impact of hard surfaces.
Dr Scholl’s Sports Insoles
- ABSORBS SHOCK & REDUCES MUSCLE FATIGUE: Athlete tested to protect feet, knees & lower back from shock and reduce stress on lower body joints
- MOVE OVER 10% MORE: A recent clinical study showed that participants unknowingly moved over 10% more each day with Massaging Gel Advanced softer and bouncier gel waves (compared to original Dr. Scholl's Massaging Gel Insoles)
- RESPONSIVE-WAVE CUSHIONING and ACTIVPERFORM ARCH SHELL: Reduces stress in heel and provides lateral stability for stopping and cutting.Latex free
- RUGGED CONSTRUCTION: designed for multiple sports & athletic activities to withstand the impact and forces exerted on your feet
- Fits work boots/shoes, casual shoes & sneakers. Trim to fit
Dr. Scholl is a trusted and well-known brand when it comes to foot health and general orthodontics. This is a high-quality product that provides much support for basketball players. This pair of insoles comes with a semi rigid structure across the heels and arches to provide extra support. The insoles are made of a special foam that provides a decent level of support for your feet while you’re playing a game of basketball. The insoles are thinner than some and are lightweight which makes it easy to walk but firm enough to provide maximum stability for a physical activity like basketball. It is designed with a responsive-wave cushioning that provides a solid base for shock absorption while also allowing it to reduce stress on heels, ankles and other joints. A quick survey finds that many people who have used Dr. Scholl’s products over the years have given positive feedback and they are a top pick for many. These are quality insoles that provide good foot support for the player. The team here recommend them highly.
Superfeet Carbon Pain Relief Strong and Thin Insoles
- DESIGNED FOR: Superfeet Everyday Pain Relief Insoles are designed to help provide additional support and cushioning for everyday use.
- RECOMMENDED SHOE TYPE: Superfeet orthotic inserts are a high volume design providing MAX support and ideal in a wide variety of footwear, including business and casual, that offer a little extra room to accommodate the volume of the shoe insoles.
- WHAT TYPE OF FOOT: Everyday Pain features medium support profile (medium arch) insoles so they will offer some arch support, while not being too aggressive.
- CUSHION, STABILITY AND IMPACT DISTRIBUTION: Premium Therapeutic Foam contours to your feet as you wear them to provide just the right cushioning, while a deep heel cup and an additional heel stabilizer piece help keep the insole close to your foot to protect your heel from impact.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Superfeet insoles keep their shape, delivering reliable support and comfort for up to 12 months or 500 miles, whichever comes first.
Made by Superfeet, these insoles are made with an exclusive carbon-activated material that opens pores to let your feet breathe. They will help dissipate heat and moisture, while providing support in the right areas. They also feature an enhanced heel cup which works together with the arch support insoles to provide stability and great support in the footbed.
The carbon-infused material provides a 360-degree surface area of carbon contact, which helps the insole breathe and dissipate heat to help with those sweaty feet. They also have a thin design that keeps your feet close to the ground for improved gameplay.
The Carbon Pain Relief Insoles from Superfeet are great if you need additional support for your arches or heels. They will provide long-lasting comfort and help you stay on your feet for long periods.
Both the Superfeet Carbon Insoles and the Sof Sole Full-Length Gel Insoles come in a package of two, so you can always have an extra pair just in case one gets dirty or wet. They are both great insoles that provide maximum comfort and support. Customers love using them for basketball shoes, amd they can also be used in any shoe.
Grade High Arch Orthotic Shoe Inserts for Maximum Support Insole
- Full-Length Fit: High-profile, high-volume Superfeet insoles are designed to fill the length and width of your shoe for maximum support, simply trim the arch-support inserts to fit your shoes
- Stabilizer Cap: Our specialized insoles for men and women feature a base-layer stabilizer cap designed to support the rearfoot and provide additional structure and stability to the foam layer
- Deep Heel Cup: Equipped with the widest, deepest of heel cups for heel pain, these high-arch insoles for men and women offer maximum support and assist with natural shock absorption
- Superfeet Shape: The high-profile, special orthotic shape of our arch-support shoe inserts helps stabilize and support the foot, which can help reduce stress on the feet, ankles, and knees
- High Density Foam: The closed-cell foam layer in these arch-support insoles for women and men supports and cushions the foot for durable, long-lasting comfort.
These shoe inserts, made by Grade, have a high-arch design that will provide the support you need for your feet. They are also skinny and lightweight to help improve comfort while wearing them. Their low profile lets you keep your feet close to the ground, which is excellent when making quick movements up and down the court.
The Grade High Arch Orthotic Insole provides a supportive platform to enhance your shoe or sneaker. They also add ventilation and shock absorption while keeping your foot in place. These insoles are odor resistant with antimicrobial fabric treatment, which can help prevent bacteria growth.
They have a unique triple-density design that offers three levels of support. The heel rim provides additional support. Their high arch design offers good arch support but can be uncomfortable for people with flat feet.
Plantar Fasciitis Feet Insoles
- ··★LASTING COMFORT - arch support improves foot and leg alignment, enhances comfort, and helps ease stress and uncomfortable caused by flat feet (Pronation), bunions, arthritis,good for Plantar Fasciitis (heel pain & heel spurs), Achilles Tendonitis
- ··★DEEP HEEL CUP- to maintain correct foot positioning.protects your heel during the heavy impact of landing during walking or running and stabilizes the foot.
- ··★PREMIUM EVA MATERIAL - It is excellent for shock absorption and foot fatigue,The fabric also helps keep your feel cool
- ··★DESIGNED FOR EVERYDAY USE - Provides moderate control and support in walking or casual hiking shoes, work shoes and boots.Comfort and cushioning for all types of leisure or everyday footwear
- ··★RISK FREE - IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH OUR INSOLES ,PLEASE BE SURE TO CONTACT WALKHERO CUSTOMER SERVICE WITH YOUR ORDER NUMBER BEFORE YOU COMPLAIN OUR RETURN POLICY ,WE WILL OFFER A REASONABLE AND ACCEPTABLE SOLUTION TO MAKE IT UP FOR YOU FRIENDLY REMINDER: WalkHero insoles are packed in resealable ziplock bag, Free to open and seal, please kindly keep the package intact before return. To avoid Amazon refuse your return request due to packaging damage, Please DO NOT use scissors to open it
These insoles, made by Plantar Fasciitis Feet, provide superior arch support as well as a deep heel cup that will help align your foot and ankles. They are designed to increase natural blood flow while relieving pain from plantar fasciitis. The Plantar Fasciitis Feet Insole is available in three sizes: small, medium, and large. They are made with a molded arch support and an increased foam depth throughout the footbed, providing extra comfort and support. The insoles also feature a deep heel cup that will keep your feet in place while walking or running. These insoles come with a 100% money-back guarantee if you use them for a month and don’t experience relief from the pain caused by plantar fasciitis which is a nice feature.
They have a lightweight design suitable for basketball players in their shoes. However, they are more expensive than others due to being marketed as a plantar fasciitis insole. If you suffer from pain caused by plantar fasciitis or want to improve your arch support and shock absorption, these insoles might be the right choice for you.
Another area to consider is do custom orthotics really work?
The market for custom footwear and supportive orthotics has grown rapidly in recent years, this has been across many activities including running, basketball, tennis through to ski boots. Custom orthotics do provide cushioning and support as they aim to redistribute the pressure your feet experience with everyday activities. Custom orthotics are recommended for people with knee, hip and joint pain, those who have poor stability, shin splints, flat feet, stress impacts or specific foot and ankle conditions. There are many kinds of insoles and types of orthotics on the market including gel pads and arch supports. Custom insoles are made by specialists to a specific design of your feet. We have spoken to many basketball players that have found them to ease their various ailments. Our view is always to seek professional medical advice for serious conditions if pain persists.
Final Words – 6 Best Insoles For Basketball Shoes
In our opinion the best insoles for basketball shoes are the Sof Sole Full-Length Gel Insoles. One of our team has had issues with lower body injuries, especially heel pain, and found that this pad really helped ease the pressure. They have a low profile to keep your feet close to the ground, have deep heel cups, and provide maximum cushioning to improve comfort. They are made with an antimicrobial fabric treatment which prevents bacteria growth throughout extended periods of use.
If you suffer from a high arch or a flat foot, the Superfeet Carbon Insoles offer additional support for your feet and we noticed a huge difference when we used them. Their carbon-infused material helps keep your feet cool, and they have a thin design that will support the twists and turns on the basketball court. They really are a great option they come in a package of two with an option to buy more if needed. If you are looking for the best cushion insoles then look no further.