I’ve played basketball for many years and I think it’s fair to say, most players will have played with some niggling injuries at some point. I’ve rolled my ankle, sprained my knee and even faceplanted on the court which means I have tried and tested a number of braces during my career! It is worth noting nearly half of all basketball injuries are related to ankle and knee injuries and important know what to do if an injury occurs. If your injury is serious we always advise seeking professional medical advice as you do not want to do further damage. That said a good ankle brace can prevent and help support certain minor injuries and keep your game at its best.
Ankle braces provide great stability and can prevent injuries from occurring. They also help you recover more comfortably from past injuries, giving you the self-confidence you need to play well. Both beginners and professional players, and everyone in between, can benefit from a well-fitting ankle brace. They aren’t there to make your ankles look better; they are there to provide the support your ankle needs so you can play pain-free from that point forward.
When buying ankle braces, make sure you buy one that is the right size, as well as a brand name that is known to be durable. If you buy the right ankle brace, you’ll be able to wear it for a long time and keep your ankle and foot well supported. And if you’re looking for the best ankle brace for basketball, below are a few of them that you should consider when doing your research.
If you do not have time to read our full review our top two ankle brace picks are
Jump To The Right Place
Top 5 Ankle Braces
|Med Spec ASO Ankle Stabilizer,...||Buy on Amazon|
|McDavid 195 Level 3 Ankle...||Buy on Amazon|
|Powerlix Ankle Brace...||Buy on Amazon|
|McDavid Neoprene 431 Ankle...||Buy on Amazon|
|Zamst A2-DX Sports Ankle Brace...||Buy on Amazon|
Med Spec ASO Ankle Stabilizer
- Stabilizing Straps form complete figure-eight to protect and support ankle
- Ballistic nylon boot provides superior durability and strength
- Elastic cuff closure enhances support and keeps laces and stabilizing straps secure
- Bilateral design so each size will fit left or right foot; Low profile to fit in any type of shoe
- Each ankle brace is sold separately; US manufacturing with higher quality control standards; Machine wash gentle cycle, no bleach. Air dry..BodyPart Measured: Ankle Circumference around the heel
Lightweight and comfortable, this ankle brace is predominantly made of nylon and attaches with figure-eight straps for extra sturdiness. Because the foot is well-supported, the chances of getting an ankle sprain are very slim. The Med Spec ASO ankle stabilizer is also a very reasonably priced brace and therefore a good choice for those on a budget.
It is a popular model because it works so well, and it’s so comfortable it feels just like an extra sturdy pair of socks. Even better, this brace provides great medial and lateral support without making athletic moves more difficult. It is easy to wear, easy to get used to, and affordable, making it the perfect ankle brace for athletes with all skill levels.
Overall a great product to support your ankle.
McDavid 195 Ankle Brace
- Athletes participating in an independent study at a major research university had 3x fewer injuries when wearing the 195. Perfect for sports such as Basketball, Volleyball, Football & more…
- Constructed of single-layer polyester fabric for full support and minimal weight
- Design simulates athletic tape with figure-6 strapping pattern; Compression-comfort top strap for custom fit
- Fully adjustable without unlacing or removing shoe
- Ventilated tongue breathes with you; Padded lining and reinforced closures for a comfortable fit
When you’re looking for the best ankle brace for basketball, you want one that is both comfortable and provides the right amount of support. The McDavid 195 ankle brace does both of these things, and it perfectly supports your ankle every time. There are nine sets of eyelets for extra support that provide a lot of comfort and stability. It’s also constructed of high-quality polyester fabric.
Even though the brace provides a lot of support for your ankle, it is still very lightweight and comfortable. The components do not include inlays but instead feels like athletic tape on your ankle. You get full support and comfort with minimal weight, and at a price of around $30, it is affordable regardless of what your budget looks like.
The McDavid 195 ankle brace looks good and feels great on your foot. It is also made with high-quality components that ensure it will last for many years to come. With this ankle brace, you get a reliable and sturdy brace without spending huge money on it.
Powerlix Ankle Compression Sleeve
- PHENOMENAL PROTECTION: PowerLix ankle braces apply even pressure across your ankle joint, which provides ultimate pain relief from a variety of ailments including plantar fasciitis, arthritis, sprains, swelling, tendonitis, muscle fatigue, and other ankle pain. With our sleeves, you’ll be able to tackle any activity life throws your way while ensuring you’re a step ahead in injury prevention! PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT OUR SIZING CHART AND FIND THE BEST SIZE FOR YOU!
- PUSH YOURSELF TO THE LIMIT!: Our ankle supports are the perfect fit for any activity requiring ankle movement, including Baseball, Basketball, Soccer Golf, Hiking, Running, Tennis, Volleyball and more! You’ll be able to enjoy exceptional ankle support while still maintaining your peak performance and a full range of leg motion!
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Our ankle sleeves are manufactured to provide superior support, comfort, and relief without compromising your mobility. Tight, form-fitting and breathable compression fabric maintains joint stability regardless of activity, helps improve blood circulation and eases pain from heel spurs, Achilles tendon heel etc., while avoiding the itchiness common to neoprene supports. Quick at absorbing sweat and keeps your feet dry and odor free, gives you hours of continuous use!
- BREATHTAKING DESIGN & PERFECT FIT: Whether you’ve got meaty ankles, or are a little bit slender, we’ve got a fit for you with the Special knitted technical design that matches different joints. The beautiful design of the sleeves in blue & black makes you look fashionable anywhere anytime. The special fabric gives you a smooth and soft feel so you can wear them all day long!
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE- We truly want you to be happy with your new ankle braces and our professional customer service will do whatever it takes to ensure your satisfaction we are offering a 6-month guarantee, no questions asked.
This compression sleeve is made out of nylon and is toeless for extra comfort. Besides playing basketball, you can also use the brace for all types of injuries and pain, including neuropathy, foot pain, ankle pain, and lots more. If you’re in pain or you simply want to avoid pain in the future, the Powerlix ankle compression sleeve takes care of the problem instantly.
Even more serious problems can be remedied with these socks, including arthritis, burning pain, tingling feet, and numerous others. This best ankle brace for basketball fits feet of all shapes and sizes and is made out of top-quality nylon and spandex. It is built to last and to be perfectly comfortable, and it gives you confidence as you practice or play your games.
Whether you have basic soreness or a serious ailment such as neuropathy or arthritis, this compression sleeve will have you feeling better in no time.
McDavid Neoprene 431 Ankle Sleeve
- Our products will provide in protecting and helping reduce the incidence of injury
- Supports your return to activity and enhance performance
- Made using the highest quality and most innovative technology and materials
- 4-way stretch facilitates comfort and compression in all directions.
- 1/8" thick 100% latex free neoprene provides, compression, warmth, and soft tissue support
This ankle sleeve is made out of 1/8-inch latex-free neoprene and is therefore both comfortable and safe to wear. It provides comfort, warmth, and soft-tissue support. Whether you’re trying to prevent injuries or recover from them, this ankle sleeve is just what you need. It is also very lightweight and comfortable, not to mention very reasonably priced.
If you’re looking for the best ankle brace for basketball but you’re on a budget, the McDavid 431 ankle sleeve is what you want. The sleeve comes in a one-piece design that allows both your heel and your toes to be exposed and therefore comfortable. The design allows for support in all different directions, as well as a super-easy way to slip it over your foot and go about your day.
McDavid is known for making high-quality athletic supplies that last, and this ankle sleeve is no different. It looks like a simple device but provides the support you need to play for hours and still be comfortable.
Zamst A2-DX Ankle Brace
- Usage and Indications: High ankle sprains (Grade III) & chronic ankle instability, reduces inversion & eversion movements
- Protective Guards: Stabilization prevents excessive inward and outward movements of the high ankle
- Dual X-Strap Stabilizer: Provides three-way support (Anterior, Lateral, Media) for the lower ankle
- Left and Right Specific Design: Designed specifically for each ankle to provide a better fit
- Rear Application: Enables easy application and adjustment
The ankle brace made by Zamst is not the cheapest on the market. We decided to buy this after one of our team rolled their ankle and put it to the test. This is a sturdy and well made ankle brace and we’ve heard it is used by professional basketball players, including Stephen Curry during previous seasons.
This is a very well-made ankle brace made out of only high-quality components. You get a total of four Velcro fasteners around the heel and an anchor strap above the ankle. These make it a best ankle brace for basketball for people who only want the very best in quality. While it’s a bit more complex to put on than other braces, it is easy to do after you get the hang of it.
If you take your basketball playing seriously, you’ll want the Zamst A2-DX ankle brace. Yes, it is a bit more expensive, but it is worth every penny in our view.
Deciding which the best ankle brace is for basketball can be a challenge given the breadth of products on the market, but after reviewing these braces, the two that we’ve decided are the best include:
Zamst A2-DX Ankle Brace . This is our top pick, mainly because it is just a better made, better looking and sturdier product than others. We had total confidence in this product during a game and it didn’t let us down.
Med Spec ASO Ankle Stabilizer . This is our second pick because the figure-eight straps ensure the perfect fit every time, and because it is good for both current injuries and preventing injuries in the future.